Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Vote bondsac
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
< Wikipedia:Votes for deletion
Vote bondsac was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was delete
Silly Google-bombing campaign that didn't even work, In-joke for a couple of blogs. 39 Google hits (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Vote+bondsac%22+-wikipedia+-wiki+-encyclopedia+-freedictionary+-gfdl&btnG=Search
) (attempts made to remove wiki from results, not entirely successful). Everyking's edit summary from April reports 3 Google hits at the time. Delete please. - RedWordSmith 19:12, 26 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete nonsnese. RickK 19:35, Sep 26, 2004 (UTC)
* Merge/redirect to Google bomb. Or just delete. Not notable. — Gwalla | Talk 19:38, 26 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete. Non-notable nonsense. Spatch 21:51, 26 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete, do not merge. Thue | talk 22:55, 26 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete. Everyking 12:10, 27 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete: non-encyclopaedic nonsense. Jongarrettuk 22:29, 30 Sep 2004 (UTC)
* Delete. If whoever wrote this can't tell us more who Bondsac was, then it isn't worth it. Dieter Simon 22:34, 3 Oct 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like other '/delete' pages is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.
It looks like the nice folks at wikipedia have decided to delete the idea behind vote bondsac. Well Dosser was saying that it was getting a bit old. But we did well. We grew the google search hits from just 3 to over 150. And I think that is something worth celebrating. We did good. Here is the deleted article, before it drops completely off the face of the web:
"The term Vote Bondsac was originally posted on LiveJournal by a group of similarly minded people, who wanted to create a really popular google search term.
However this quickly spread throughout the net showing up in forums, web journals and in IRC chat.
Generally the term Vote Bondsac is used at the end of a message to say "I'm Done", "GoodBye" or "Peace Out".
It appears that Bondsac was some kind of person. Who he/she was/is is still a mystery. "
Good bye cruel world, sometimes the dream just has to die.